Thursday 13 January 2011

Another rainy day in England

The other day, I was working on my project that had a deadline to the following day. It was just before midnight that -not surprisingly- it started to rain. The rain that was hitting my window seemed so inspiring that i had to stop working on my project and take my camera out.

Surely, taking a picture of rain marks on a window seemed dull, there had to be something, or someone in the picture. Since I was alone in my room, my only option was to create a self-portait. So I did.

Placed the camera on top of two Nutella jars, pointed at the window and made sure that my reflection was in the picture. Probably took about 150 images because it was hard to go back and look at the images, considering that the camera was placed on a very unbalanced surface. Yet, I managed to capture a self-portrait, that I was very pleased with.


One other thing that caught my attention was my pin-boards reflection on the window. When combined with the florescent lamp, the colours and the outline of the posts on the pin-board created and image that is hard to figure out at first glance.


No comments:

Post a Comment