Thursday 9 December 2010

"I believe in the good of people"

Yesterday, Adam Hinton came to the AUCB as a guest speaker. He explained his work and told us a bit about the industry.
It was obvious that he was mainly interested in the documentary genre yet he put that interest into the commercial world and managed to survive as a photographer.


He says: 
"I believe in the good of people. Wherever I have travelled, the people I have met and stayed with have been welcoming and open. Even in the most dire situations, when almost everything seems negative, I find myself photographing the positives." 
And that is what I like about his personal work.


I was also impressed by the quality of his videos. He showed us 'Shanghai' and 'Indonesia' and I thought they were simple but powerful, which is why I like them, also combined with the fact that they do tell a story. Unfortunately, I can't download the video so I can't attach it here but here's the link to the whole lot:
http://www.adamhinton.net/film

No comments:

Post a Comment