Tuesday 7 December 2010

"I have to tell all my friends, my son is famous!"

I've been hearing a lot about Phillip Toledano's Photo Journal covering his ageing father's last years, but I had not seen it untill two days ago. Two days ago, I found the link on the internet and went on the website to have a look.
http://www.dayswithmyfather.com/#/1.
It consisted of a series of amazing photographs and text -both telling about their relationship, his father's personality and life in a story kind of way.



I was so inspired by its honesty and innocence. It was just so touching.
I wanted to express my admiration. So, I emailed Mr Toledano, thinking that there is only a tiny chance of him ever reading it -let alone replying. Yet, he did. 
It might have been one of his assistants, but the voice inside me says it was him.
Maybe it wasn't even a big deal, but my happiness to realise that there are brilliant photographers out there, who aren't too arrogant to be answering admirers, was inexpressible.

And that is how I started looking up to Phillip Toledano.

No comments:

Post a Comment