Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sometimes, home is just a feeling

The following photographs were taken by Annie Leibovitz for Louis Vuitton's "Journeys" Ad Campaign. French Actress Catherine Deneuve's image at a train station was the first one I saw out of the series. The thing that attracted my attention was the tag-line: "sometimes, home is just a feeling". And that's because I believe that it's a sentence that every individual can relate to as much as I did.
Apart from the lighting and the composition, I also really enjoy how they tell stories, the use of tag-lines and how these tag-lines give the photos an intention. It's not always easy to find the perfect captions for images. For example: the third photo features Mikhail Gorbachev, a Russian politician, looking disturbed in the back of a cab in Germany. He is looking out the window with the Berlin Wall in the background and a LV bag next to him on the seat. Here, the tagline is just perfectly relevant and that's what I really like about the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment